And just like that October is over, and it always amazes me how quickly my favorite month comes and goes. Pumpkin will still be around a little longer, so saying goodbye to October isn't all sad. This weekend I came across this simple recipe for pumpkin muffins from the blog Natural Chow, and I thought I'd share it with all of you!
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, (melted) coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan. Serve.