Apple pie is one of my favorite desserts, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! I bought this bag of apples from my trip to the orchard and thought what better use for them, but make an apple pie!
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1tbs lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1tbs of cinnamon
2 pie crusts
- Peel and cut your apples into small pieces. I cut mine in half and then cut smaller and smaller until I saw fit.
- Throw your cut and peeled apples into a a bowl and mix with all your brown, white sugars, cinnamon, egg yolk, and lemon juice.
- Fill the first pie crust with your apple mixture and even it out creating a dome shape.
- Take your second pie crust. Once it is room temperature remove it slowly from the tin, this will be the top of your pie. Once you have settled your second pie crust on top of the dome mixture, press along the edges to seal it.
- Cut some thin slits along the top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Depending on how soft you want your apples you may need to cook longer.
*I also made a cinnamon butter mixture and coated it across the top for a little something extra
I hope you've enjoyed this simple but sweet recipe! I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed day!